8.11.2008

Street Carnage Olympic Roundup

I was really floored by the opening ceremony for the Olympics- the parts that I was awake for, at least. I have mild self-diagnosed narcolepsy so it's not the Olympic Committee's fault that I conked out as soon as the tai qi number started, managed to come to just as the torch was being lit, and fell asleep again. I caught about 45 minutes of team entrances, but missed all 38 countries I'm actually from. Group sports don't really interest me and individual sports make me extremely nervous that an athlete is going to hit her head on the diving board/fall mid back-flip kersplat on the balance beam/drop a giant dumbell on her foot, so the teams' entrance outfits will probably be the only things about them that I can comment on with any authority. Street Carnage handily sorts them by theme, such as "Coke Barons," "Airline Attendants," and of course, "Worst Outfit in the World".

Jezebel: This Year, at the Olympics Ceremony...

No comments: