5.06.2009
Add a few bottles of Two Buck Chuck and they might talk back
All Things Considered recently joined every other media outlet in the universe with a "budget challenge" piece by asking a bunch of chefs to create a dinner costing $10 or less for a family of four. Since I only have a few weeks left until the official end of my early twenties I found it helpful preparation for the day when celery sticks and Triscuits covered with melted cheddar cheese don't cut it for me anymore. Jose Andres, the lovable celeb chef at the helm of some of my favorite places in DC, contributed this spinach and chickpea stew that sounds so good, I only worry that it will be less frugal since I may eat it all in one sitting. I'm glad I listened to the spot in addition to reading the recipe- I might have missed his Mediterranean schtick about talking to the chickpeas. Food TV hosts the Neelys prepared mac and cheese that sounded like a delicious artery clogger, and the Navy chef's skate and gnocchi takes the prize for seeming way more expensive than it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment