I've been listening to KCRW's Guest DJ Project for about six months, and I'm starting to notice certain themes among the "cultural icons", mostly show business-types, that appear as guests. And how couldn't there be? KCRW is probably one of the best music stations in the country, and listing your favorite songs (a difficult topic to discuss with much originality for most people) in that setting must be a pretty high pressure situation. Inspired by this Gawker column, I'm going to start tracking some of the similarities on each week's segment. ScarJo's score appears in parentheses next to each applicable item on the list, which will surely grow with time.
Guest complains that 5 songs too few:+ 1 (1)
Guest says the song makes/made them cry: +1 per song (1)
Includes a reference to one of their projects: +.5 per song
Guest describes their taste as very eclectic: +1
Guest bemoans the lame music scene in their hometown: +1
Wild card: .5 for every use of "cinematic" (1) or "ambient" (1)
Total: 4
KCRW Guest DJ Project: Scarlett Johansson
No comments:
Post a Comment